Friday 30 October 2015

Startup

I decided that a bandsaw would be a good addition to my workshop. By wading through Matthias Wandel's youtube channel and realising that it was something I could actually make myself I decided to go ahead. Buying one is an option, but bang-for-buck, making one is the best option.

Before the bandsaw though, I need to sort my workshop out a bit. Stuff has been thrown in there for expediency's sake. It looks a bit like this at the moment:


Argghhh

Not a lot of efficient storage space and I have no work surface except my table saw. My current project to the right there is a mobile power-tool island thing on wheels for housing my welder and various power tools (belt sander, drills, etc) with a vice. I then need to put up some sort of work bench and I can start.

The table saw is also on wheels so I can swivel it round if I have something really long to cut on the cross-feed or whatever. In fact wheels will feature large in the new workshop.

So this is the bandsaw I'm looking at:

http://woodgears.ca/bandsaw/homemade.html

It's a 16" - plans at that address. (I later switched to his 20" bandsaw:  Me from 2 years in the future)


No comments:

Post a Comment