Friday 24 November 2017

First cut

First cut

Adding wheels. First run, guides and starting the table. The build gets more interesting from here-on, lots of different smaller tasks to get stuck in to.


I stuck the wheels on

The bottom wheel is about 20mm further in than the top one. WTF. I thought I'd missed a layer off the frame or something.

All OK though, I just needed to make a thicker spacer for the bottom wheel (not shown here) And all was ready for the first run:




Success - a piece of wood fell off and scared the bejezus out of me, but apart from that; all good. 


Making guides. I got stuck into this part so forgot to take any pictures. 

Using it properly, with a makeshift table. I guess that's not properly. Anyway - my first time ever actually using a bandsaw. Pretty good feeling to use it to build itself from now on...

I followed Matthias' advice and dowelled the trunnion ends after gluing them on. A lot easier than locating dowels, which I'm not great at doing anyway.


OK, on with the table...

No comments:

Post a Comment